New Club may divide Players - Hills Assc

Views: 1035 Posts: 10
Extract
wrote on 20-Aug-15 10:00

THIS IS FROM THE PAPER: FEARS THAT GROUP WILL RUIN COMPETITION THE formation of a breakaway Hills soccer group has unsettled the Granville and Districts Soccer Football Association, which could lose up to half its players in the split. The Sydney Hills Football Association plans to be running for the 2016 season, and is now waiting on approval from Football NSW to be accepted in the competition. Clubs from the Hills district have been part of Granville for years, but there’s been a push over the last decade to form a separate football group. However, there are fears removing that many players from Granville would decimate the competition and create a greater disparity between the top and bottom teams in each division. Granville’s executive director Graeme Carrett said the changes created uncertainty for the clubs. “There will be no ladies competition because there’s not going to be enough teams. There’s more to it than that, like they won’t have enough referees, because we struggle to find enough referees now,” he said. However, the Sydney Hills group president Craig Gough said they were hoping to start with up to 15 clubs and around 10,000 players. “We’ll be playing in a competition next year whether we’re affiliated with Football NSW or an independent association,” he said. “We didn’t make this decision off our own bat, this decision was made after extensive polling of the current players in the Hills and results have been staggering, with some clubs reporting 95 per cent want to move to the Hills.” Mr Gough said they were comfortable they would have enough players to enter female teams in the competition. “It’s about more than just a soccer association, we want to be focused on the community, young kids and building relationships within the community, and it’s difficult to do that when you’ve got three or four localities in an association,” he said. A spokesman for Football NSW would not confirm whether they would allow the affiliation of the Hills group next year. “Football NSW’s position for 2016 is to continue our support of the current network of Football Associations and clubs in providing participation opportunities for the state’s players,” he said.

DNA42
wrote on 20-Aug-15 10:04

Page 127 in the Parramatta Advertiser about the Hills Association: http://newslocal.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx?noredirect=true

hillbillie
wrote on 20-Aug-15 12:01

..one of my mates told me abt how he tries to get the easiest exit point when parking. Once trouble starts, he runs to his car & get the hell out when playing south of Parramatta Road.

Daniel Garb
wrote on 20-Aug-15 13:02

My GHFA sources have told me that Kenthurst P/L have requested that they stay in GHFA, while Kenthurst juniors move to the hills comp, can anyone confirm these whisperings?

unicorn
wrote on 20-Aug-15 13:07

yeah i used to play in the granville association aswell and when playing teams like st johns, st josephs, guildford there wouldnt be a game without a fight and someone getting sent off. and the three years i played in the pl there, every season auburn had points deducted for spectators storming the field during a game and starting all in brawls. death threats were like an everyday thing, our club would say when playing these teams dont bring spectators as there is a high chance of getting hurt and granville allows this to keep happening with little to no consequences its pretty easy to understand why up to 95% of people from clubs want to get away from the granville association

hills clubs
wrote on 20-Aug-15 15:01

No GHFA clubs are going unless its sanctioned. If it's sanctioned (which it won't be by next year) then they will go

Conflict of interest
wrote on 21-Aug-15 08:00

I find it interesting that sue torvil is the president of kenthurst and also on the board of the hills association. Like wise with the glenhaven president. Talk about back stabbers...

Juice
wrote on 21-Aug-15 09:02

Not really. Both clubs nominated to move to the Hills association upon it's sanction with Football NSW whether that's by 2016 or 2017. Makes sense for thier involvement therefore. ;)

Muzzy Issit
wrote on 21-Aug-15 10:04

Daniel Garb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My GHFA sources have told me that Kenthurst P/L > have requested that they stay in GHFA, while > Kenthurst juniors move to the hills comp, can > anyone confirm these whisperings? why dont they go lock stock n barrel..

Torvill and Dean
wrote on 21-Aug-15 10:06

I knew her from Kenthursts summer comp. She big notes herself with nothing to back it.

Author:
Subject: