Youngest Female Ref in GHFA

Views: 877 Posts: 10
uh hello
wrote on 27-Jul-15 17:00

If it's the same one that has done reserve grade Afew times, she up there with the best refs I've had this yr

THE ROCK
wrote on 27-Jul-15 17:02

STA v HWK on the weekend had a young female ref doing her first center in the PL first grade.

I thought she did ok, sometimes a few soft calls, but over all the game flowed well and she had it under control.

Not sure if she reads this, but if she does give yourself a few pats on the back - it's good to see good young ref's coming through the ranks.

What did the STA boys think?

Frank
wrote on 27-Jul-15 17:05

Was it a tall skinny girl about 19/20? Might be Clare Lawrence. VERY good ref, takes no shit from anybody

Standards
wrote on 27-Jul-15 18:00

The sad thing for the GHFA senior refs is she is better than most of them

TG
wrote on 28-Jul-15 06:03

Her name was catelyn.did a great job I thought.

THE ROCK
wrote on 28-Jul-15 09:06

Not as good as the veterans like Grant Reid and others, but in my view a good upcoming talent.

TG
wrote on 28-Jul-15 10:03

Lot more hair than Grant and better vision.

where is fitzy?
wrote on 28-Jul-15 13:00

has anyone had fitzy this year?

Reds
wrote on 28-Jul-15 13:01

We had her vs Glenhaven a few weeks back in SL. Did an excellent job in resserves.

Congrats
wrote on 28-Jul-15 20:03

I applaud anyone who takes the whistle and has the guts to ref games. As a coach of a lower division team, I have had to step in and ref on two occasions this year, it's a hard gig and making decisions in a split second is difficult and not always right. Let's stop abusing refs and just accept decisions however hard at the time. Time for everyone to applaud refs at the end of each match and say thank you. That will keep them coming back.

Author:
Subject: