GHFA CUP SEMI's

Views: 2683 Posts: 36
Cup Update
wrote on 24-Jul-15 16:01

Below are the dates for the upcoming matches.

Semi Finals will be played on Wednesday 29th July

6.30pm KEN v PEN

8.30pm NER v HWK

FINAL on 5th August

COm
wrote on 24-Jul-15 16:05

It's like playing a W-league game before an EPL game. Some casual football before the big event NER v HWK NER did us earlier in the year in a lightning shortened game but we should do the business next week. Also ole NER Coach now Hawks Legend TG facing his old club. Whose bringing the fruit?

who are you
wrote on 24-Jul-15 17:00

Is TG the big bloke that doesn't shut his mouth all game? There is 2 hawks coaches isn't there? a really pissed off guy and a big bloke. Which one is TG?

weird
wrote on 24-Jul-15 17:07

i find it strange that ken beat eew 4-0. do eew really not give a shit about the cup?

Just what we wanted
wrote on 24-Jul-15 17:08

was having a chat to on of the north epping players after the cup game and they actually prefer to play hawks as they have the wood on them. North Epping smashed them in preseason like 4-0 or something like that. I just wonder if the hawks are going to take it seriously considering they are still chasing the pl premiership.

confused....
wrote on 24-Jul-15 18:03

weird Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i find it strange that ken beat eew 4-0. > > do eew really not give a shit about the cup? What's strange about the team who has won 5 of the last 6 premierships (counting both grades) winning against a team who hasn't won anything in 17 years?

confused....
wrote on 24-Jul-15 18:03

weird Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i find it strange that ken beat eew 4-0. > > do eew really not give a shit about the cup? What's strange about the team who has won 5 of the last 6 premierships (counting both grades) winning against a team who hasn't won anything in 17 years?

$$$
wrote on 24-Jul-15 19:04

I think there's a few clubs who would have these two on board just look at the tables.Pay the big bucks and you get results.

the real history
wrote on 24-Jul-15 20:06

confused.... Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> weird Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
i find it strange that ken beat eew 4-0.
> >

> >
do eew really not give a shit about the cup?
>
>
> What's strange about the team who has won 5 of the
> last 6 premierships (counting both grades) winning
> against a team who hasn't won anything in 17
> years?

including 0 ghfa cups nice work kenthurst

billyboy
wrote on 24-Jul-15 21:00

Kenthurst had to to win to save their season. EEW frying bigger fish.

Here we go
wrote on 24-Jul-15 21:02

The choke has started...

Sounds to me like
wrote on 24-Jul-15 21:06

EEW desperate after 17 years of failure.

billyboy
wrote on 25-Jul-15 00:04

Sounds to me like you're a f-wit

real history
wrote on 25-Jul-15 02:00

Sounds to me like Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > EEW desperate after 17 years of failure. it took kenthurst 40 years just to make it to the premier league nice work chumps

Tips
wrote on 29-Jul-15 10:04

KEN to win 2-1 HWK to win 3-0

Results?
wrote on 29-Jul-15 22:03

Results from tonight's games anyone ?

Juice
wrote on 29-Jul-15 22:06

Ken 5-4 on pens after 1-1 with pen

Juice 2
wrote on 30-Jul-15 00:05

Same in the next game NER 1 - Hwk 1 Pens 4-3 to NER NER dominated

Fairytale
wrote on 30-Jul-15 07:00

Cup fairytale with minnows north epping going on a dream run and knocking off another PL high flyer the hawks. Kenthurst next on the agenda.

2 sides to every story
wrote on 30-Jul-15 07:06

Don't forget the other fairytale... Kenthurst have a chance to complete the set and hold all 5 trophies at the same time.

Plus it's the only thing they haven't won yet and would be a fitting end if they leave GHFA having won everything on offer.

Both teams have plenty to play for.

Stop the Fight
wrote on 30-Jul-15 10:01

That's exactly what is going to happen. Kenthurst are going to destroy NERDS. It's like Rhonda Rousey vs Susan Boyle! May God have mercy on their souls

speccy
wrote on 30-Jul-15 12:04

I watched the hawks game. It was a fairly even first half, but NER came out wanting it more in the 2nd half and absolutely dominated. Jamie 'two pies' brought back the old days by yelling at the ref every 2 minutes, but surprisingly i was agreeing with him. The ref gave NER some very harsh calls. NER looked good enough to supply an entertaining GF against a prem team. Guess we will find out next week.

res
wrote on 30-Jul-15 14:05

will Kenthurst play ressies? is biddle free to play after his red card? will NER sacrifice their own SL finals berth? do they stand a chance? why did hawks lose last night with mostly first grade

hmmmmm
wrote on 30-Jul-15 15:01

I thinks hawks got caught out playing too many ressies. We played them a few weeks back and the team that started had maybe 5 first graders not including the keeper as i couldnt see him(down the other end). they had 2 x striker, 2 x mid and 1 x stopper Not sure what north eppings first grade looks like, but they looked the goods. It is a shame that we are not playing teams like that instead of ravens and ymca.

Panthers
wrote on 30-Jul-15 16:06

North Epping were at full strength so I heard one say except a gun AA player who started and played the full game.

Toss
wrote on 30-Jul-15 16:09

Rangers weren't at full strength either but who is mid week. No captain or left back They did seem to bring better players off the bench. Hawks had about 7+ first graders including star men jake and greg End of the day, can only beat who turns up on the day

THE ROCK
wrote on 31-Jul-15 02:02

full credit to rangers, they turned up and played well. I think we had 7 regualar first graders, but that's all we had available. North epping were missing Stu Turner, but not sure who else. Either way, they played well and we simply couldnt break them down. Best of luck in the final, Kenthurst is my tip, but it all depends on how reved up jamie gets the north epping boys!

Hutch
wrote on 31-Jul-15 07:06

NER had a few out an 18yo playing his first ever First grade game and a 16yo who slotted one of the penalties. A good game to watch from 2 sides who try and play football. Hawks a good bunch of guys and wish them well in PL finals.

TG
wrote on 31-Jul-15 10:04

Thanks Hutch for the kinds words... There is a bit of class about that 18 year old.BTY it's your shout for coffee Jamie wouldn't shout if a shark bit him.

win win
wrote on 31-Jul-15 22:08

Kenthurst can't lose. If they win the cup they are the first team to win the 5 trophies in a row (grand slam) and if they lose North Epping have won just as much as Pumas.

Randw
wrote on 01-Aug-15 07:02

Ner have only lost 2 games all year. They are a good outfit. It will be a close game.

So what
wrote on 01-Aug-15 09:03

Randw Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ner have only lost 2 games all year. They are a > good outfit. It will be a close game. That means nothing pal, when ken got promoted back in 08 they went the previous season in SL undefeated. They struggled in their first year of PL they came 5th or 6th I think. The gulf in standard between the 2 leagues is clear. Ken should win by at least 3 regardless of the team they put on the paddock, their ressies team would win the SL Comp in a canter.

T.Sherwood
wrote on 01-Aug-15 11:03

So what Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Randw Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Ner have only lost 2 games all year. They are a > > good outfit. It will be a close game. > > > That means nothing pal, when ken got promoted back > in 08 they went the previous season in SL > undefeated. They struggled in their first year of > PL they came 5th or 6th I think. The gulf in > standard between the 2 leagues is clear. Ken > should win by at least 3 regardless of the team > they put on the paddock, their ressies team would > win the SL Comp in a canter. You're clearly deluded. The biggest difference between SL and PL is depth. There are some great players/teams in SL. The biggest difference is most teams in PL have better reinforcements to call upon.

Exactly
wrote on 01-Aug-15 12:05

T.Sherwood Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> So what Wrote:

> -----
> >
Randw Wrote:

> >

>
> >
-----
> >
> Ner have only lost 2 games all year. They are
> a
> >
> good outfit. It will be a close game.
> >

> >

> >
That means nothing pal, when ken got promoted
> back
> >
in 08 they went the previous season in SL
> >
undefeated. They struggled in their first year
> of
> >
PL they came 5th or 6th I think. The gulf in
> >
standard between the 2 leagues is clear. Ken
> >
should win by at least 3 regardless of the team
> >
they put on the paddock, their ressies team
> would
> >
win the SL Comp in a canter.
> You're clearly deluded. The biggest difference
> between SL and PL is depth. There are some great
> players/teams in SL. The biggest difference is
> most teams in PL have better reinforcements to
> call upon.
That's what the post meant mate, the depth of the KENTHURST squad ie their ressies if selected will beat the nerds.

digging your own grave
wrote on 01-Aug-15 16:01

So what Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Randw Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Ner have only lost 2 games all year. They are a > > good outfit. It will be a close game. > > > That means nothing pal, when ken got promoted back > in 08 they went the previous season in SL > undefeated. They struggled in their first year of > PL they came 5th or 6th I think. The gulf in > standard between the 2 leagues is clear. Ken > should win by at least 3 regardless of the team > they put on the paddock, their ressies team would > win the SL Comp in a canter. exactly, they came 5th or 6th, meaning they must have won a fair few games. one of them probably against the team coming 4th that year. oh and look who is coming 4th in pl this year. and saying that nerds drew with the hawks who are ABOVE kenthurst and its not like hawks dont have any depth as their ressies are coming third. i think it is going to be a whole lot closer than all you redneck bush boys think

Foot in mouth
wrote on 01-Aug-15 18:09

digging your own grave Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So what Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Randw Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Ner have only lost 2 games all year. They are > a > > > good outfit. It will be a close game. > > > > > > That means nothing pal, when ken got promoted > back > > in 08 they went the previous season in SL > > undefeated. They struggled in their first year > of > > PL they came 5th or 6th I think. The gulf in > > standard between the 2 leagues is clear. Ken > > should win by at least 3 regardless of the team > > they put on the paddock, their ressies team > would > > win the SL Comp in a canter. > > > exactly, they came 5th or 6th, meaning they must > have won a fair few games. one of them probably > against the team coming 4th that year. oh and look > who is coming 4th in pl this year. > and saying that nerds drew with the hawks who are > ABOVE kenthurst and its not like hawks dont have > any depth as their ressies are coming third. > i think it is going to be a whole lot closer than > all you redneck bush boys think Ken ressies just wrapped up in the premiership And first grade are ABOVE your benchmark hills hawks. Still I hope sake it's a close game

Author:
Subject: