Game off any others?

Views: 4525 Posts: 44
STA v NMH
wrote on 12-Jul-15 11:00

Eastwood Closed??

Normo supporter
wrote on 12-Jul-15 16:05

What a joke!

Arrived to find a perfectly playable pitch only to be told that it had been postponed.

There were kids playing in both goals and a game in full swing at the top oval.

I walked around the oval and there was absolutely no mud on them when I got back to my car.

Investigations have uncovered the fact that the STA coach stated the pitch was unplayable this morning, getting the club to back him. The GHFA have allowed this to occur without any inspection by a referee (BTW I am also a referee).

In my book this is called cheating and the GHFA need to review their proceedures as the ground is obviously playable and the STA coach obviously does not want to play for some reason.

I will ensure that this matter is raised through appropriate channels...not happy!

STA a black mark on your coach and sportsmanship.

only way
wrote on 12-Jul-15 17:03

sta cheating 2 days in a row...

Don't like Sunday's
wrote on 12-Jul-15 17:03

Didn't they lose 4-0 to west Penno on a Sunday? No wonder they didn't want to play. Horse can you shed any light on the decision?

Beyond a Joke
wrote on 12-Jul-15 17:04

Absolute disgrace how a decision can be made without any proper inspection by a GHFA official. Now another Sunday will be wasted thanks to poor management

Yumcha
wrote on 12-Jul-15 17:05

I heard sta had numerous players out today..

Bring Lee
wrote on 12-Jul-15 18:01

...i walked on it at 3pm... looks good to me what's going on?

Waiter.
wrote on 12-Jul-15 18:02

Working at Epping RSL tonight and all the woodies players are here for a function which started at 4pm.

Same old

STA cheating?
Nothing new there....

Eastwood #2

Why didn't they move to the top oval?.It's bigger,wider and dryer.

Pauline Hanson
wrote on 12-Jul-15 18:03

STA please explain?

Slightly moist July
wrote on 12-Jul-15 18:04

Eastwood #2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why didn't they move to the top oval?.It's > bigger,wider and dryer. The top oval was being played on all afternoon even though it looked to be in the same condition as the bottom oval. Looks to me like PL coach doesn't care about the ovals and just didn't want to play today.

Bring Lee
wrote on 12-Jul-15 18:05

after totally resurfacing/returfing eastwood#1 in Feb15 ..?

detective dick
wrote on 12-Jul-15 18:05

Great work looking into this lads. We have had an awesome afternoon on the juice celebrating a big function. We would have to have forfeited if the game went ahead!

You bunch of spastics....

Bunch of cats
wrote on 12-Jul-15 20:08

detective dick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Great work looking into this lads. We have had an > awesome afternoon on the juice celebrating a big > function. We would have to have forfeited if the > game went ahead! > > You bunch of spastics.... What's the matter woodies? Scared of the silver tails?

what a joke
wrote on 13-Jul-15 11:06

Woodies to busy on the piss again.. I wonder if they will boycott the next double header as well?

Socialite
wrote on 13-Jul-15 13:02

I was out with most of the STA boys on Saturday night and when the massive rain hit they assumed that the game will be called so counted drinking until 3am... Thats the reason they didn't wanna play.

I know
wrote on 13-Jul-15 14:00

One of the Eastwood boys had his 21st on the Saturday night. No doubt there was sore heads and boys not wanting to back up with a game of football

Tim Beerly
wrote on 13-Jul-15 14:06

Socialite Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> I was out with most of the STA boys on Saturday
> night and when the massive rain hit they assumed
> that the game will be called so counted drinking
> until 3am... Thats the reason they didn't wanna
> play.

what massive rain?

Socialite
wrote on 13-Jul-15 14:07

It pissed down for a good hour in Eastwood.

please
wrote on 13-Jul-15 17:08

can't handle to play a game with a bit of a hangover... i remember my first beer

Jeesus
wrote on 13-Jul-15 20:01

Bunch of deadset softcocks

woodpecker
wrote on 13-Jul-15 21:07

Jeesus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bunch of deadset softcocks woodie woodpeckers

Tim Beerly
wrote on 16-Jul-15 01:07

If Eastwood#1 was closed last week.. then it will surely close this weekend -both days.

spot on
wrote on 16-Jul-15 07:07

No Eastwood team has been able to train on the oval this week with the ground being closed. So, to the genius person who started this thread, well done. It's Thursday and the ground is still shut.

I think we can end this topic.

Bronia
wrote on 16-Jul-15 08:05

So Eastwood #1 is now the new Bronia?

EastMud
wrote on 16-Jul-15 10:03

spot on Wrote:

> No Eastwood team has been able to train on the
> oval this week with the ground being closed. So,
> to the genius person who started this thread, well
> done. It's Thursday and the ground is still shut.
>
>
> I think we can end this topic.

B.S.
Eastwood was drizzabone on the weekend.. might be a bit wet in the early morning due to dew.. or just piss from all the grog.

normo
wrote on 16-Jul-15 16:07

From an outsider this convo is all rubbish. STA won't win it and normo are just a very average team so quit bitching!

Actually
wrote on 16-Jul-15 17:05

Actually if STA win their catch up game they are 1 point behind EEW. Given that EEW are due to drop points i can see STA in with a shot at winning the comp and re-instating their dominance on the GHFA.

Hardly
wrote on 16-Jul-15 17:08

Relying on a team to drop points isn't really showing a dominance of the Comp.

History
wrote on 16-Jul-15 22:00

Wat Wrote:

> When have STA dominated again?

Double double?

Wat
wrote on 16-Jul-15 22:03

When have STA dominated again?

Spotted
wrote on 17-Jul-15 07:07

SPOTTED: 12 Woodies players at World Bar in the Cross 3am Sunday Morning

Judge and jury
wrote on 17-Jul-15 09:01

normo Wrote:

> From an outsider this convo is all rubbish. STA
> won't win it and normo are just a very average
> team so quit bitching!

A very arrogant post.

On this basis its OK to cheat as long as the team impacted has no chance of winning the comp.

If Normo had have beaten STA they are right in the mix. I assume that they have not given up hope, and just wanted a fair crack at beating STA.

If the post is rubbish to you why comment?

duckie
wrote on 17-Jul-15 12:09

STA v NMH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Eastwood Closed?? For this weekend - Logically Yes.

Logistics
wrote on 17-Jul-15 13:01

Makes Sense Wrote:

> it makes sense that if Hornsby grounds are open
> this weekend and others are not then it should be
> moved to whatever grounds are open.
>
>
> Please dont force us into another double header!

they are not going to do it because:-
..no one wants to work into friday night organising & liaising with ref boards to juggle grounds & personnel.. as history has shown- not gonna happen.

The weekend where GHFA didn't play (last month) KDSA had 80% of matches on.

Makes Sense
wrote on 17-Jul-15 13:08

it makes sense that if Hornsby grounds are open this weekend and others are not then it should be moved to whatever grounds are open.

Please dont force us into another double header!

Breaking news
wrote on 17-Jul-15 16:01

Apparently NMH v STA will go ahead tomorrow at normanhurst oval

Barotelli
wrote on 17-Jul-15 16:02

Breaking news Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Apparently NMH v STA will go ahead tomorrow at > normanhurst oval That would be b.s. because 1) woodies would never play in wet conditions 2) that would be the only grnd somehow open

Magic
wrote on 17-Jul-15 17:05

Normo v STA definitely on

I contacted Normo manager and suggested they contact GHFA to authorise the fixture
Have to say well done GHFA common sense prevailed in this case

madness
wrote on 17-Jul-15 17:08

Magic Wrote:

> Normo v STA definitely on
>
> I contacted Normo manager and suggested they
> contact GHFA to authorise the fixture
> Have to say well done GHFA common sense prevailed
> in this case

that's not common sense.. that's madness for 1 game to go ahead..
why 1 and not 3 games or 30 games?

grounds are open
wrote on 17-Jul-15 17:09

the grounds in the hornsby council are open. it's just that ghfa couldnt be stuffed allowing those games to go ahead. all games should be played on whatever grounds are available at this time of the season.....

Doofus
wrote on 17-Jul-15 19:02

It's a make up game, maddness, you doofus.
Get back in you box

sunnybunny
wrote on 19-Jul-15 13:04

grounds are open Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the grounds in the hornsby council are open. > > it's just that ghfa couldnt be stuffed allowing > those games to go ahead. > > all games should be played on whatever grounds are > available at this time of the season..... 2 SUNNY DAYS GONE..yesterday was good for football. Today -excellent weather.

Author:
Subject: