Semis

Views: 659 Posts: 5
Never
wrote on 02-Jul-15 14:00

This has never happened before. Worst case GHFA will do mid week semis like in the past. Massive anti-climax to have a season without finals.

No semis
wrote on 02-Jul-15 14:01

Heard there are no semis this year. 1v2 straight into final.. Thoughts

Horko
wrote on 02-Jul-15 14:05

If there are no more rained out games I don't believe that will happen. Last round is 8/8 15/8 will be 1v2 & 3v4 22/8 will be loser 1v2 v winner 3v4 29/8 will be final Could probably afford to lose one more round and play the major semi on a wednesday night 26/8

Old Fossil
wrote on 02-Jul-15 22:00

Heard there is no semi's for the All Age comps. 1 v 2 is the Grand Final, two weeks before the Prems GF on 29/8. In the last 5 years there has been two Prems GF's played on the first Saturday of September. Not sure why All Age needs to be finished so early as cricket starts mid September. Surely councils don't need 4 weeks to changeover the grounds to cricket. Prems have played mid week semi's before. One semi had the lights go off on the timer 10 minutes before the finish. Classic.

Grayvox
wrote on 03-Jul-15 17:00

I don't think there are 4 weeks gap between the end of cricket & start of football season so why is there in reverse?

CoC doesn't start until mid September I believe as well.

Councils usually have the posts down by Tuesday/Wednesday after the last game.

But as usual football gets treated like an ugly stepchild.

Author:
Subject: